My Key Points
- Smiling wins more friends than frowning.
- Their behaviour is a product of their own conscious choice, based on values, rather than a product of their conditions, based on feeling.
- Proactive are value driven; and if their value is to produce good quality work, it isn’t a function of whether the weather is conducive to it or not.
- If our feelings control out actions, it is because we have abdicated our responsibility and empowered them to do so.
- Proactive people focus their efforts in the Circle of Influence. They work on the things they can do something about.
- Sometimes the most proactive thing we can do is to be happy, just to genuinely smile. Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
- A good affirmation has five basic ingredients: it’s personal, it’s positive, it’s present tense, it’s visual, and it’s emotional.
- If you visualize the wrong thing, you’ll produce the wrong thing.
- World-class athletes and other peak performers are visualizers. They see it; they feel it; they experience it before they actually do it. They begin with the end in mind.
- The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. (E.M. Grey)
- Time management is really a misnomer – the challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
- There’s no better way to inform and expand your mind on a regular basis than to get into the habit of reading good literature.